OpenGovernment.org is a free site that provides up-to-date information on legislation pending in US state legislatures. Currently the website covers 6 US states.
OpenGovernment.org has two primary purposes: to increase the transparency of information about proposed legislation, and to foster citizens’ participation in the legislative process.
Using OpenGovernment.org, you can:
- identify pending bills on topics or keywords
- read the texts of the bills; get bill status information, including update notifications by email or RSS
- locate news stories and blog posts about the bill
- find biographical, voting and campaign finance information about legislators who sponsored or voted on those bills
- learn which special interest organizations active on those issues contributed to legislators’ campaigns,
Users can also participate in the legislative process by commenting on the text of bills or contacting legislators about bills.
Check out a similar website : OpenCongress
(Hat tip: Slaw)