a/b: Auto/Biography Studies is now online and available from Project MUSE.
Auto/Biography Studies is a journal of scholarship devoted to autobiography, biography, diaries, letters and relations between lifewriting and other discourse. The editors invite manuscript submissions dealing with any aspect of lifewriting.
Subject matter may be drawn from any period or genre but must show clear connections to the theory and practice of lifewriting. In addition to scholarly articles we invite contributions in the form of book reviews, calls for papers, announcements of conferences and the like.
Articles in the the current issue include:
- Introduction: "New Biography" for a New Millennium
- "To Be Said to Have Done It Is Everything": The Theatrical Oscar Wilde and Possibilities for the (Re)Construction of Biography
- Filming the Ineffable: Biopics of the British Royal Family
- Celebrity Bio Blogs: Hagiography, Pathography, and Perez Hilton
- Digital Biography: Capturing Lives Online
- Drawing History: Interpretation in the Illustrated Version of the 9/11 Commission Report and Art Spiegelman's In
- The Shadow of No Towers as Historical Biography
- Biographical Sociology: Struggles over an Emergent Sociological Practice
- Biographical Desire and the Archives of Living Authors