In the IBSS blog, July 6, 2009, Social protest, political reform. Is Iran going to change? the author takes you through his search strategy to find academic research on popular protest and political turmoil.
The IBSS blog aims to highlight hidden treasures within the database IBSS. It provides social scientists a place to examine topical issues while demonstrating how to retrieve relevant scholarly research from the database.
IBSS (International Bibliography of the Social Sciences) is a database specialising in interdisciplinary social sciences research with a particular focus on theory.
Add International Bibliography of the Social Sciences to a group of your favourite databases to search.
- Go to the Multi-database Search tab within the Databases & Articles listing
- Log in with your Net ID and Password (you must log in before you can create your own list of databases)
- Select the 'Custom Search' tab
- Select the 'All databases' option in the drop down menu under Step 1. All databases appears at the end of the Subject list.
- Tick the databases you want to search. (You can select up to 10 databases to search using the Multi-Database custom search.)
- Enter your search terms in the search box and click 'Go.'
Note: IBSS appears in the listing under 'International Bibliography of the Social Sciences'.
IBSS, JSTOR and PAIS would make a good combination of databases to search for the topic discussed in the IBSS blog.